VERIZON New York Paid Family Leave
Payroll deduction and administration begins Jan 1.
Effective January 1, 2018 there is a new Paid Family Leave law for those working in the state of New York.
Here’s what you need to know.
· New York Paid Family Leave (NY PFL) is funded through employee payroll deductions.
· Employees working in the state of New York will contribute 0.126% of their weekly wage, up to the New York State Average Weekly Wage (currently $1,305.92).
· The maximum weekly deduction in 2018 is $1.65.
· NY PFL provides paid time off to:
o Bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child
o Care for a close relative with a serious health condition
o Assist when a family member is deployed abroad on active military duty
· In 2018, employees may use up to 8 weeks of NY PFL and receive 50% of their average weekly earnings, up to a maximum weekly benefit of $652.96 during the leave.
· NY PFL will run concurrent with federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave and all other applicable leaves for which an employee is eligible.
Here’s how to file a claim beginning Jan 1.
· To initiate a claim, follow your existing absence call out procedures and contact Sedgwick at 800.638.4228.